PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A week of lunches with Applegate {Day 2 King of Jungle fun lunch and mini tacos boxed lunch}

For day two I am going to share a fun plate and a lunch box idea.
Bean is starting school today, its cool, I am ok promise.
I am mostly nervous about forgetting one of them. 
So here is what my day will look like,
I sit,
I stand,
I check the time,
I sit again,
I turn the TV on just to check the time,
pretty much on repeat until it will be pick up time.

But yesterday I made him a fun lunch while Sisty was at school.
For his plate I used Applegates organic black forrest ham and organic cheddar cheese.
Have I ever mentioned my love affair with cheese, its pretty bad.
So when I say Applegate has some of the yummiest prepackaged cheese, I know what I am talking about here folks.


I made a grilled cheese with the ham and cheese, then cut the bread in a circle. Adding some cooked frozen corn around for the mane.  


Two blueberries and some red pepper completed the face.  Broccoli florets made for some cute little trees.  The red peppers at the bottom had no real purpose other then Bean loves his "chippers" so we will pretend they are rocks.


Some hummus added a little extra for dippin his veggies.  I use squeeze bottles for this, makes it easy to write on the plates and add designs.  


His favorite part is making up stories about his plates, this little Lion, turned into an alien Lion after he eat one of his eyes, and was on a planet with "wittle guys" carrying "wight sabers"...oh having boys is SOO different then girls, hahaha.


As for Buggie today she brought her most favorite food ever, tacos.
Applegates southwest grilled chicken is crazy good, yummy flavor and no slimy gross texture a lot of those packaged grilled chickens get.  I think my favorite part of this lunch was I could make it the night before without worry of anything getting soggy.  


Some whole wheat tortillas, salsa, guac, and greek yogurt {our substitute for sour cream} round out the tacos.  Added a little real fruit leather for something sweet and called it a day.  A filling well rounded meal that took all of three mins the night before to put together. Now I cannot wait to throw some of this chicken on a salad, yum. 


See you back tomorrow! 

Organic Black Forrest Ham, Organic Cheddar Cheese, and Grilled Southwest Chicken provided by Applegate.

No comments: