PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Protein Balls


I have been seeing different versions of these popping up on Pinterest.
I loved the idea of a healthy little protein/fiber packed snack just sitting in the fridge.
But most of them had things either that I did not have on hand or would HATE to eat {shredded coconut, which to me has the texture of finger nails}.


So I picked a few things from several different recipes and here is what I came up with:
- 1 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey {if you can get your hands on local honey this is a HUGE benefit with allergies}
- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 4 Tbsp flax seed meal 
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds

You pretty much just add everything to a bowl {minus the almonds} and mix {I used my stand mixer}.
Once all mixed using your hands mix in almonds.

Then roll into three to two bite size balls.
You should get around 30.
Place in freezer for 45 mins.
Then transfer to a airtight container or ziploc and keep in fridge.


Prefect little pre work our snack, midday boost, or even a little dessert.
My kids LOVE them.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

Hesper said...

I'm pretty sure I would eat these until my stomach hurt.

tracy said...

OMG!!!! I say that ALL. THE. TIME. about coconut. HATE IT! My family tells me I am crazy when I say that it is the same as fingernails....HAHAHA.

Craftcherry said...

Those look awesome. I'm totally going to make those this weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

Cindy said...

Sound great! And easy. I'm thinkin you could throw some dark choco chips in there too. mmmmm. ;)