PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DIY Mini Crepe Flowers


I am alive, just been doin me and not blogging much.
I want to get back into it, hoping Buggie birthday is the catalyst. 
So why not another little DIY to help me along?!

I needed some mini crepe flowers to go on Buggies party table, so here is my little tutorial for them.

What you need:
- crepe paper {you can you tissue paper or streamers}
- Paper doilies
- Sticks {you could use toothpicks}
- a little teardrop cut out as a template
- scissors
- hot glue


First cut four thin strips in the doily. 


Then hot glue them to one end and bend them in.


Using the paper template cut out little thumb nail shaped petals.  If using crepe paper gently pull them across the top, then hot glue them at the bottom and make little folded petals.


Then hot glue them around the doily center, layering as you go. Remember you are making flowers and  perfection is not needed...


They will make beautiful little bunches of flowers for her table...



I made larger versions to use as well, those are not on sticks.  And I just used a whole doily cut into strips. They will go great with the other large crepe flowers I have made.


Her super girlie party is coming together...

8 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Love how these turned out! Especially the doily center :)

larisaa said...

So cute!

Mycharmingcolors said...

Wow these turned out sooo good! You wouldn't even know its a fake flower

Anna @ IHOD said...

L-O-V-E
Pinning ahora.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Very pretty, I like!

Anonymous said...

I will be making these for my little girls room! Thanks for the "how-to!" Will let you know how they turn out!

Katie said...

You've got such perfect timing!! My nearly 4 year old has requested a flower birthday party and these will be perfect for the table, cake, etc!!

Coley said...

What cute little delicate flowers! Love them!