PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not my first purchase and for sure not my last {coupon discount code}


I have made a couple of purchases from Petunias and have never been disappointed in the high quality items that come from this shop! Recently I made a purchase for my cousin who is having twins. I was able to make a custom Icky Bag for her with the twinies names on it! I just had to share!
How freakin cute is that!

These bags are great for SO many things. Since they are lined, perfect for soiled clothes when you are out, clothes diapers, and oh so many others things. Just leave it folded up in your diaper bag. I am going to get a XL one for beach/ theme park days {great to put wet clothes in once you change}.

{my hand to show you how BIG the regular Icky Bag is!}

Here is a little bit about Kelly the genius behind Petunias:

1. How long have you been sewing? FOREVER, I can remember sewing outfits for my Pound Puppies stuffed animals when I was little. But I started PETUNIAS after I had my son over 4 years ago. That is when I really got serious about sewing and now do it for hours almost every day.

2. Did you learn to sew from someone or are you self taught? My mom had a sewing machine when I was young so I learned a lot from her. My grandmas and aunts could also sew so I was around it a lot, whether it was by machine or hand quilting. I also have taught myself along the way. If I want to make something I can usually find away. And I hate patterns; we just don't get along. I usually sew by sight and trial and error.

3. Favorite fabric designer? How to choose just ONE? I am a total fabric junkie and LOVE all fabric. But my top list would be: ME, at petuniastextiles.etsy.com and in my regular shop. This is a new adventure for me and one I am really enjoying and learning more about every day. I have always loved Amy Butler as well, she gets it right every time.

4. Where do you see you business in the next 5 years? I always need to be trying something new so hopefully my business will be going as well as it is today just larger and functioning with a few new products. Once my kids are in school I would like to peruse more wholesale accounts as well.

5. What's your favorite room in your house and why? MY SEWING ROOM! I have everything I need to create things at my fingertips. If I have an inspiration I can go and make it.

6. Chocolate? Not so much but any other kind of candy is my weakness.

7. What is something that not a lot of people know about you but you WISH more people COULD know? I am a stickler for good customer service. I love to receive it and hope all those potential and current customers out there feel comfortable asking questions and conversing with me about PETUNIAS products.

8. Summer or winter? Summer, I love the warmth and freedom it brings.

Kelly is generously offering a special 10% off discount your entire order just for Buggie and Jellybean followers! {your purchase must contain at least one Icky Bag any style or size} To redeem simply enter BJB100201 in the comments to sellers section when checking out, refund will be given through Paypal once payment is completed.

Offer good now through Feb. 1 and excludes S&H.

Off to go make a purchase from Petunias!

2 comments:

MandMStudio said...

Lovely:)

SoBella Creations said...

What a great shop! I love all things Etsy!